Looking to glam up your look for a special occasion? One of the best and least expensive ways to temporarily achieve stunning eyes for your big night is to add fake eyelashes. With these products, you achieve long, lush eyelashes, which add the finishing touch to a smokey eye.
They also allow you to recreate the ever-popular pinup girl look. What they can’t do, of course, is make your own natural lashes fuller and lusher, so we recommend using falsies as a temporary fix while also using a growth enhancer like Idol Lash to boost your real lashes over time.
Among the many false lash products available, you’ll find the most popular options manufactured by Red Cherry and Ardell. The following is a comparison of these two products to help you make the best decision for you.
Comparing Lashes By Brand
To begin this comparison, we’re going to start by reviewing the Red Cherry lashes first.
According to users worldwide, there are several “pros” about these lashes:
- They provide natural-looking lashes that you can wear for an extended period of time.
- They provide a dramatic change for women who have thin lashes and want to achieve the glamorous look of Old Hollywood as well as the pinup style.
- These lashes are also great for Asian women who want to make their eyes appear larger.
The only drawback reported by users is that women who have long eyelashes naturally may find them too lengthy. If you have full, long lashes, these may not be the best fake eyelashes for you. However, if your lashes are far-reaching yet thin, they could provide you with the right amount of volume.
The advantages of these lashes are that they are made from real human hair. This allows you to use heated eyelash curlers without difficulty. You don’t have this benefit with synthetic lashes, as heat will melt them and cause an immediate hazard.
Comparing Red Cherry and Ardell
Next, let’s take a closer look at Ardell lashes. These lashes are also manufactured with real human hair. They are easy to apply just like the Red Cherry options. According to users, you’ll need to administer at least two coats of mascara after the application.
Among the advantages of these lashes are:
- They give you really natural-looking lashes.
- Users also claim that you don’t need to trim them to make them fit correctly.
- They blend easily within your lash line.
- If you want your eyelashes to appear fringed, these are the best options for you.
In comparison, consumers have reported that the Red Cherry lashes are thicker than Ardell’s. However, a major difference with these lashes is the quantities in which they are provided. The Red Cherry lashes are available in packages of six sets, whereas Ardell’s are offered in sets of four pairs. According to the packaging, consumers should wear the Ardell eyelashes for up to three weeks only. There isn’t a use restriction on the Red Cherry lashes. In contrast, you should review the packaging for your selections to make these distinctions.
How to Apply the Lashes
If you’re unsure of how to apply false lashes, you should start with the basics.
For the strip-style lashes:
- Start by measuring the lashes against your lash line.
- Bend the strip slightly to indicate the right length.
- Cut the lashes neatly at the indention line.
- Discard the excess lashes.
- Next, squeeze out a thin line of the eyelash glue across the side of your hand. Do not squeeze out an excess amount, as it will drip.
- Drag the upper edge of the eyelashes across the glue.
- Allow the glue to dry for a few seconds. This prevents an unsightly glue line from developing across your natural lashes.
- Apply the fake eyelashes just above your natural lash line. Press firmly but gently against them to ensure that they adhere properly for about a minute. For some eyelash glues, it could take about two minutes for the glue to dry completely. The packaging indicates if this is the case with your glue selection.
The final touches are critical for the process:
- Start by blending your natural eyelashes in with the fake ones. You can use a standard eyelash comb to accomplish this task.
- Complete your look by applying your preferred eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara.
If you prefer to watch this process in action, check out this video tutorial:
Applying Individual Lashes
For the individual eyelashes, you need tweezers. Here are the steps to follow:
- Begin this process in the same manner that you did with the strips.
- After you have your glue ready, use tweezers to remove one set of the individual lashes from the container.
- Dab the edges in the glue and allow them to dry slightly.
- Separate your natural lashes and place the false ones in between them.Use the tweezers to ensure that they stick properly.
- Continue this process until your lashes appear fuller and lusher. It’s not necessary to use the entire set to achieve this goal.
- And finally, you’ll apply your eyeliner, shadow, and mascara in the same way you did for the strip-style lashes.
For you video lovers — check out this tutorial:
When reviewing fake eyelashes, you should consider the pros and cons thoroughly before making a final decision. However, a major advantage for both options here is that since they are manufactured of human hair, you can use soap and water to remove them without damage.